Lions Clubs are part of community life, in the cities and in the country. Clubs are easily identified by their distinctive Logo, the trademark of our International Association and the 'We Serve' motto.
The activities of the Tewantin Noosa Lions Club over the last decades include the following events and projects, many as annual repeats and we are actively involved in raising funds and helping out where we can.
It is fun, and great friendships are made within the club and the wider community.
SCHOOLS and EDUCATION:
- The youth of the Year
- Youth Exchange Student Program
- Tewantin and NoosavilleState Schools - shoes and socks program
- Providing our food vans and equipment for local School Events
- Catering at School Events e.g, fetes and concerts
- Local School Fetes
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS ASSISTANCE
- Noosa Biosphere Limited: Tent Hire, services and catering for the annual Biosphere Festival held at the Noosaville Lions Park, Gympie Terrace in September.
- Noosa District Junior Rugby League - loan of vans for event days and assistance with catering.
- Anzac Day - provide sausage sizzle and drinks for Diggers and Administrators
- Catering for events at Lions Park
- Catering for the Festival of Water held at Lake McDonald in July
- Catering for the Cleanup Australia Day Campaign April.
- Blue Care assistance: Raising funds for the leasing of a new car yearly. Generous Donation also from the local businesses and community
- Joint organization at the Noosa Australia Day Festival: Entertainment and family fun with the support of the Noosa Shire Council.
GENERAL ASSISTANCE AND DONATION
- Lions Camp Duckadang - mentor assistance
- Sunshine Coast Community Hospice assistance.
- Provide catering for the RSL Christmas Carols
- Provide catering for Outreach Christmas Carols
- Assistance at Hart Kids Triathlons
- Bunnings BBQ's throughout the year
- Cooroy Car Show
- King of the Mountain
- Christmas Cake Sales
- Provide assistance for the annual Council car parking at the Noosa Heads Lions Park, Noosa.
- Provide catering for the Festival of Surf at the main Noosa Beach
- Supporting Tewantin State School and Noosaville State School Chaplaincy with Brekky Club and BBQ's
- Identified local families and needs are assisted either with the provision of labour or funds to support the particular need.
SOCIAL NIGHTS FOR MEMBERS
- Trivia Nights
- Pizza Nights
- Ferry Dinner Ride
- Melbourne Cup Party
- Christmas Breakup